Process for Newborns of Employment Pass (EP) holders
Apart from applying for the Dependant Pass (DP) of newborns to EP holders in Malaysia, effective immediately, it is now a requirement that a Special Pass (SP) must also be applied for whilst awaiting the process and outcome of the DP.
- For newborns between 1 – 6 months old, the SP will be issued by the Immigration Cyberjaya in MDEC.
- For newborns 7 months old and onwards, the SP will be issued by the Enforcement Unit of Immigration Putrajaya
For DP applications that have already been approved priorto 9 Aug 2019 i.e.date of announcement from the eXpats Service Centre, MDEC (Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation), the following additional documents are required during the endorsement process –
- Cover letter for Special Pass
- Special Pass declaration form
- Format A
- A bank draft payable to Ketua Pengarah Imigresen Malaysia amounting RM100
What’s the impact?
- Companies should ensure that all DP and SP applications are submitted within the first 6 months of the newborn’s birth to avoid any possible challenges that may occur from obtaining the SP at the Enforcement Unit of the Immigration HQ.
For further enquires, feel free to reach out to your friendly neighborhood partner, The Corporate Lab at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +6012-215 7424.