Professional Visit Pass (PVP) applications
- Effective 15 Jan 2019, the maximum duration allowed for a PVP application is 12 months.
- For any further extensions, the Company must instead apply for an Employment Pass (EP) for the applicant, subject to both the Company and applicant meeting all relevant requirements.
- For Students under Practical Training, the maximum duration for a PVP application is 6 months with no extensions.
- Companies under the category of Food & Beverages/ Restaurant/ Cafe / Convention Centers are not eligible to apply PVPs under the position of “Student Under Practical Training” and “Attending Training”.
What’s the impact?
- Companies should better manage the duration requirements for their short-term assignees so that the maximum allowable period of 12 months is allocated and applied for efficiently.
For further enquires, feel free to reach out to your friendly neighborhood partner, The Corporate Lab at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +6012-215 7424.