This Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) is issued pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“Act”) and for the purpose of this Notice, “Personal Data” shall have the meaning as ascribed to it under the Act.
This Notice applies to the persons governed under the Act and serves to inform you how your Personal Data is controlled, processed and/or used by The Corporate Lab Sdn Bhd (“TCL)”), a body corporate incorporated under the Companies Commission of Malaysia with registration number (201501032979) (1158299-T) and place of business at Unit C-3A-08 Centum Oasis Corporate Park, Jalan PJU1A/2, Oasis Damansara, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Malaysia.
2.0 Data Collection
2.1 The type of data collected by TCL regarding individuals generally includes the following (non-exhaustive list) :
- Passport Copy
- Phone Number
- Academic Qualifications
- Contract Period
- Employment Contract
- EPF Number
- SOCSO Number
- Income Tax Number
- Spouse Details (Name & Employment Status)
- Children Details (Name & Date of Birth)
- Any other relevant data required
2.2 Such data, where it relates directly or indirectly to a speciﬁc individual may fall within the deﬁnition of personal data under the Act and as such, all acts of processing such personal data will be carried out in compliance with the Act. Under the Act, “processing” includes the acts of collecting, recording, holding or storing personal data.
2.3 TCL will collect personal data where it is required for carrying out one or more of its functions or activities. TCL will collect the personal data only by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way.
2.4 Your Personal Data is collected directly from information and/or documents which you have provided to us and where necessary, from third parties and from the public domain or online platforms.
2.5 TCL may also collect personal data from a variety of other sources, including without limitation at any events, conferences, seminars or talks organised or sponsored by TCL.
3.0 Purpose of Data Collection / Processing
Among the purposes for which TCL processes personal data include the following (non-exhaustive):
- For communicating and responding to queries through any legitimate modes of communication.
- For compliance of any obligations and/or regulatory requirements applicable to the nature of services TCL is contracted to perform.
- To open and administer client accounts.
- To provide services to clients.
- To administer independent contractors of the ﬁrm.
- For TCL to comply with its obligations under law.
- To consider potential employee’s applications for employment by TCL.
- For any other purposes that are incidental or ancillary to any of the above purposes.
4.0 Other Purposes of Processing
TCL may also use and process your data for communicating or disseminating to you:
Information on/from/by TCL via alerts, publications, marketing/ promotional materials.
Information on events, training programs, seminars, conferences, workshops and talks organized by TCL or other organizations relevant to the services we provide and which may be of interest to you.
Alerts / Updates such as newsletters, journals, booklets, articles by the Government and/or other professional bodies relevant to the services we provide and which may be of interest to you.
If hereinafter you do not wish to provide your consent to us for the processing of your Personal Data in relation to the purposes listed under paragraph 4.0 above or hereinafter wish to opt out, you may do so by notifying TCL using the contact details stated below.
5.0 Use and disclosure
5.1 As a general rule, TCL will not use or disclose personal data about an individual other than for its primary purpose of collection, unless:
- The individual has consented to the use or disclosure
- The use or disclosure is required or authorized by or under law
- The use of disclosure is reasonably necessary for a specified purpose by or on behalf of a regulatory or enforcement body
5.2 We may disclose your Personal Data to our employees, our affiliates, our strategic partners, our service providers/vendors, our appointed agents, our consultants, our legal advisors, our external auditors and any person who is under a duty of confidentiality to TCL to perform the service or any part thereof.
5.3 If necessary and expedient, we may also disclose your Personal Data to any other third parties including but not limited to governmental and/or non-governmental authorities, agencies, bodies or departments in relation to the services we are contracted to perform.
5.4 TCL will never sell, trade or rent any individual’s Personal Information to/with third parties.
Any Personal Data supplied by you will be retained by TCL as long as it is necessary and expedient for the fulfilment of any purpose as stated above pursuant to our internal practices, regulatory requirements, legal and accounting requirements.
7.0 Integrity & Security
7.1 We are committed to ensuring that your Personal Data is stored securely in our databases and in our offices.
7.2 All reasonable efforts and practical steps are made to ensure that any Personal Data held by TCL is protected against any loss, misuse, modiﬁcation, unauthorized or accidental access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
8.0 Access and correction
8.1 In accordance with the Act, an individual may forward a written request to TCL’s Personal Data Protection Compliance Officer to stop processing personal data.
- Request for access to their personal data,
- Request to have any inaccuracies in their personal information corrected and/or updated
- Request to stop processing their personal data.
- Request to have their personal information deleted.
8.2 TCL’s decision to provide such access or consider any request for correction of the personal data as it appears in TCL’s records is subject always to any exceptions under applicable laws and/or the Act.
9.0 Disclosure to third parties
TCL may disclose your personal data to certain third parties to perform functions on our behalf, and consequently may provide access or disclose personal data to the third parties such as those listed below (not exhaustive):
- Information technology (IT) service providers
- Data entry service providers
- Any professional advisers and external auditors
- Regulatory and governmental authorities in order to comply with statutory and government requirements.
An individual can contact TCL with any inquiry/ complaint regarding personal data protection at email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the following address –
Personal Data Protection Compliance Officer,
The Corporate Lab Sdn Bhd,
Unit C-3A-08 Centum Oasis Corporate Park, Jalan PJU1A/2,
Oasis Damansara, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia,
Tel : +603-7611 8305 / 06